Sixth Grade Spelling Lists
These sixth grade spelling lists are from the Syllable Savvy Spelling - Level 6.
Try it For Free
The first lesson is provided as a free download. Print Lesson 1 and the Instructor's Guide.
More Words on the 6th Grade Spelling Lists
Six additional word lists from Syllable Savvy Spelling - Level 6 - are provided below. See the bottom of the page for more information on using these lists.
How to Use these Spelling Lists
Print your free copy of the first lesson and spelling guide from the link above. Use the first lesson with your student.
Read about the 3 column method of spelling
used in Syllable Savvy Spelling.
You can make your own worksheets with the sixth grade spelling lists above, or with any list of spelling words.
Teaching Tips for Syllable Savvy Spelling Lists
- Each lesson has 15 words, with space for five more words individualized to the student. These five words might include:
- Words misspelled in previous lessons
- Words misspelled in the students creative writing
- Words from science or other unit studies
- Most lessons contain a pair of words such as "virtue" & "virtuous" or "confidence" & "confidence" in the lists above. This helps students learn roots, prefixes, and suffixes in context.
- The back of the book contains the Spelling Rules index with the most helpful spelling rules and patterns.
You probably noticed that the annual theme for the sixth grade spelling lists is Nations and Capitals. Each lesson begins with two or three different nations of the world.
Read more about how to teach
the three column method of spelling.
You Are Here:
6th Grade Spelling Lists
Top of This Page
About Our Site
Follow Us and Join the Fun
Follow Our Pages
By Karen Newell Copyright© 2009 - 2017 Learn For Your Life All Rights Reserved