Light and Energy Unit Study
From MatchCard Science
Electrify your students with the MatchCard Science Light and Energy Unit Study. Hands-on projects, informative MatchCards, and dynamic activities teach 9 types of energy. Engage your 3rd to 8th graders with this easy-to-use, fun-to-teach science curriculum.
FREE student MatchCards at the bottom of this page.
Light and Energy Objectives
Here are the objectives for your Light And Energy Unit Study:
1. Identify transparent, opaque, and translucent
2. Describe refraction, reflection and absorption
3. Predict which magnetic pole
will be attracted or repelled to the pole of another magnet.
4. Compare the frequency and amplitude of sound waves
5. Compare Fahrenheit and Celsius
6. Explain how molecules change as a substances freezes, melts, evaporates and condenses
7. Describe the three types of heat transfe
8. Diagram an electrical circuit
9. List electrical conductors and insulators
10. Compare static electricity
and current electricity
11. Define watts, amperage, and voltage
12. Compare nuclear fusion and fission
13. Arrange the colors of the light spectr
um according to frequency.
14. Arrange the types of electromagnetic radiation
according to frequency.
15. Compare potential and actual kinetic energy
16. List seven major types of energy
17. Give examples of the conservation of electricity
Using the MatchCards
For each objective, there is one MatchCard to help the students interact the content. Print the MatchCard and the information pieces, and the students apply the pieces in the correct place.
Using plastic page protectors allows you to set up a science notebook and review concepts repeatedly. Make sure you check the MatchCard Science Instructor's Guide
for information on how to use MatchCard Science effectively.
Get the Light and Energy MatchCard Unit Study
The Light & Energy Unit Study is available in three forms:
- Free Unit Study (student materials only)
- Purchase the download (Instructor's Guide, Student MatchCards, Answer Key, Learning Activities)
- Purchase the soft cover book (same as above, but mailed to your home
Downloadable Unit Study: $8.99
Includes all Student & Teacher Materials
Buy the Book: $8.99
Soft Cover Book Mailed to Your Home
Student MatchCards: Free
Fill out the form below for free student materials.
All student materials are included in each of the paid formats. For your convenience here is a list of all free MatchCard Science curriculum downloads.
Share Your Ideas
Share with us your favorite Light and Energy projects. Any here your students liked best? New ideas you would like to share with others?