Fourth Grade Spelling Lists
These fourth grade spelling lists are from the Syllable Savvy Spelling Curriculum. It's the score soaring way to spell.
Free Spelling Lists
There are three ways you can use Syllable Savvy Spelling and not pay a cent.
First Lesson Free
First, our first lesson is free. Download the first spelling page
as well as the spelling guide for no charge.
Subsequent Spelling Lists
Below we also have the listed all the words on Lessons 2, 3, 4, 10, and 20 that are on the Fourth Level of Syllable Savvy. This enables you to see the level of difficulty of the words in this level as well as other levels.
Use the 3 Column Method
You will see that are lessons are arranged in the 3 column spelling method which teaches students to study words correctly. You may use this method with any
See our 4th Grade Spelling Lists
Below our six sample lessons in Level Four. Any
spelling list can be made into three column spelling phonetic spelling.
Helpful Hints with the Fourth Grade Spelling Lists
- Each lesson has 15 words, with space for five more words individualized to the student. These five words might include:
- Words misspelled in previous lessons
- Words misspelled in the students creative writing
- Words from science or other unit studies
- Some lessons have themes for the entire lesson. In this case, the theme is colors. In the examples above, there are themes of colors, animals and numbers. Each level has a theme for the entire year with a few words each week in that theme.
- Words are sometimes presented with prefixes or suffixes to assist students in spelling common patterns. For instance: person, personal, and personalize in lesson 25 above.
The theme for Level Four is the states and capitals for the USA. One or two states and their capital are listed at the beginning of each lesson. A painless way to include US geography at the same time!
Find more ways to improve spelling ability
while using the three column method of spelling.
You Are Here:
4th Grade Spelling
Top of This Page
About Our Site
Follow Us and Join the Fun
Follow Our Pages