Force and Motion Unit Study
Get your students forcefully (and purposefully) moving with the MatchCard Science Force & Motion Unit Study. Nine objectives cover concepts and laws of motions with the MatchCards and hands-on activities.
FREE student MatchCards at the bottom of this page.
Here are the objectives for your students will master with the Force and Motion unit study.
1. Identify six simple machines and describe their uses.
2. Compare mass and weight.
3. Demonstrate the effects of friction.
4. Demonstrate the effects of inertia.
5. Describe three effects of gravity.
6. Define speed, velocity, momentum, and acceleration.
7. Explain Newton's three laws and give examples.
8. Define force, newton, joule, and watts.
9. Define torque.
Check Out the Force and Motion MatchCards
The Matchcards are great for teaching and reinforcing the objectives. There is one MatchCard for each of the objectives listed above for the force and motion unit study.
The MatchCards give you:
- A simple diagram of the concept
- Information pieces to place on the student card as a game
- Instructor's card with all the answers, a suggested activity for teaching
- A system for built in review
Every week you will use the corresponding MatchCard to teach the objective. In addition, the students review 5 previously learned MatchCards two or three times per week. This game-like activity is a favorite activity of many students. The Instructor's Guide gives you more ideas on organizing and using the MatchCards.
Unit Study Log
You will complete a Unit Study Log. It will include your bibliography, description of science projects you do, list of daily readings and activities, and Grading Sheet. The Instructor's Guide gives more information on keeping a Unit Study Log.
Your Complete Force & Motion MatchCard Unit Study
We are in the process of updating our graphics. So for a limited time we are offering the complete unit study FREE. It includes:
- All of the information above in printed form
- All corresponding student MatchCards
- All instructor's pages with answer keys
- Your steps to success for planning and carrying out your unit study
- Information Pieces
- Unit study log for tracking and documenting
To receive your free unit study (total of 25 pages) please submit the form below. You will be directed to a page with the download. We recommend having your printer ready with paper.
Get the Force and Motion MatchCard Unit Study
The Force & Motion Unit Study is available in three forms:
- Free Unit Study (student materials only)
- Purchase the download (Instructor's Guide, Student MatchCards, Answer Key, Learning Activities)
- Purchase the soft cover book (same as above, but mailed to your home
Downloadable Unit Study: $8.99
Includes all Student & Teacher Materials
Buy the Book: $8.99
Soft Cover Book Mailed to Your Home
Student MatchCards: Free
Fill out the form below for free student materials.
All student materials are included in each of the paid formats. For your convenience here is a list of all free MatchCard Science curriculum downloads.
Share your feedback.
Which projects did you like best? Do you have other suggestions or ideas others would like to do?