3rd Grade Book Club
Join the 3rd Grade Book Club and earn a certificate for reading any ten of the best classic books for third graders. Of course, there is no charge to join and you will enjoy some of the best books ever written.
Get Ready for Good Reading
Follow Harriet Tubman as she conducts passage on the Underground Railroad, watch a spider save the life of a barnyard pig, run with Robin Hood's merry men through Sherwood Forest, and wait for the return of the lightkeeper on an isolated island.
How It Works
We have listed our pick of the very best books by grade level. Students who read seven of the books on the list can earn the Classical Childrens Book 3rd Grade Book Club Award.
The process is simply:
- The students choose the seven books they wish to read from the grade level lists.
- After reading the seven books, they go to the corresponding page for their grade level.
- The students fill in the form with their name (as they want it to appear on their certificate), the seven books they read, and their email address.
- The 3rd Grade Book Club certificate will be emailed to the child.
- We WILL NOT keep your email for any other use by ourselves or others.
- If you desire to stay in contact with us, we invite you to subscribe to our quarterly report. But we do NOT use the childrens book club to build or maintain an email list.
Books in the 3rd Grade Book Club List
Read the description of the ten books in the 3rd Grade Reading List
to choose the ones you would like to read.
You don't have to stop at ten. You can read them all.
What's the value of these books? These books tell about history, about culture, and about the most important parts of life.
There is also a variety. If you find you really like a particular book, you can use it to find other great books like it.
Kalaidos Third Grade Reading List
Here is a list of titles on the 3rd grade book club list. See the link above for author, description, and pictures.
1. Aesop's Fables
2. Bears on Hemlock Mountain
3. The Courage of Sarah Noble
4. The Story of Harriet Tubman
5. Light at Tern Rock
6. The Cabin Faced West
7. A Lion to Guard Us
8. Soft Rain: A Story of the Cherokee Trail of Tears
9. Charlotte's Web
10. Rabbit Hill
11. Robin Hood
12. The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog
13. Tales of Uncle Remus
Submit the form below
If you have read ten books on the 3rd Grade Book Club Reading List, submit the form below to receive your certificate.
Submit your first and last name as you wish it to appear on your certificate.
The certificate will be emailed to you within 48 hours. We will NOT save your email address and promise not to use it for any other purpose.
By completing this form, you are stating that you have read the books in full.